Elon Musk’s crazed effort to cut federal spending goes without thought of any repercussion, but make no mistake he has the blessing of the Republican Party. I don’t for the life of me understand how America thinks the world should respect us, when we don’t even have a moral conscience to provide health care to the less fortunate. Most major world powers have a national health care system, but we don’t even want to do the bare minimum to keep someone alive. And yet we want to pretend, we’re some sort of moral beacon to the world? I think not.
There are 80 million Americans on Medicaid, and yet the hate from the Republican Party for the less unfortunate is unbounded. I say this to the Republican Party - “Are you so blinded by your contempt, that you’re unaware most of the people on Medicaid are part of Trump’s base? There are far more whites statistically on Medicaid than blacks or any other minority group. But your viscous stereotypes of minorities have clouded your judgment, and you will eventually find out just how bad a mistake your misconceptions are.
Elon Musk, you’re white nationalist savior and his sidekick Trump, are too embroiled in their hatred to comprehend their misnomers about Medicaid. But them two are not worried about future votes, because in their minds their here to stay. But you – I’m talking to the Republican House and Senate, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. You are going to enrage a huge portion of Trump's base if you discontinue Medicaid. And let me be clear – they will NEVER vote for you again.
It is ironic to me the Republican Party thinks everyone who is on welfare is black. They fail to realize most people on Medicaid and who need SNAP benefits for food, are indeed white. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), in 2023, of those receiving Medicaid benefits 39.8% were white, 18.5% were black, and 29% were Hispanic. As you can see, a significant number out of these white recipients are no doubt Trump supporters.
So statically, I just wanted to point this out to the Republican House and Senate. But I do have a favor to ask of them; stop hiding behind God’s name to do things you know is not right. You may run away from that fact now, but one day you will ultimately reap what you sow – in both this world and the world to come. A time will come when you will answer for your contempt for the poor, and for your racial hatred. And on that final day, no doubt Jesus Christ will say to you “I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ Matthew 7:23.
